Friday, May 6, 2011

Drugs

Too much physical work must have been done yesterday, either that or the running from the cabin field to the barn too many times. I NEED drugs, I WANT drugs, I want to be able to walk, run and keep up with the walkers. Today I will TAKE 2 aleve and hope tomorrow will be a better day. Unfortunately there was much to do Today. Ribbon and Cindy are now in a paddock together. Sanna and Sangria's stalls are now clean, Wynne covered and moved to the cabin. Sangria and her filly moved to the cabin. Hoerr vet clinic visited for sulpha, the cut on Rhoda's mare's leg is infected and she needs to be on sulpha. But... now we know why they sold her, she will NOT accept a syringe in her mouth. After working for over an hour trying to get sulpha in her and it going everywhere but her mouth, I gave up and put it on grain thinking there is no way this mare will eat it as a top dressing except she did. We will have to come up with a plan for deworming her there is no way to get a dewormer near her mouth either. I've had difficult horses before but none I had to give up on. Usually patience wins out, not today. We have found this mare to have wonderful ground manners and is great under saddle but she saw me coming with the sulpha syringe and was actually dangerous, swinging her head around, half rearing, and smashing herself into walls trying to get away from me and the syringe. Now I'm covered in sulpha, she is covered in sulpha the stall walls and floor are covered in sulpha, what a waste. It makes one wonder what ever happened to freak her out so badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment