Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Email from Katy

Katy is relocating from Arizona to Peoria. She is looking to buy a place with a bit of land set up for horses. She has 4 horses and is willing to board until they find a place. If anyone knows land for sale near the Peoria area email and I'll pass along Katy's information.
Hi Judy,
Just a quick note to say thank you for your quick response! I have been trying to make this move for over a year! The housing market in Tucson is terrible and the jobs situation is bad as well. I recently took a position to move to Peoria and then the project was unexpectedly axed. I had to find another position before I could consider the move. Not a good time to be relocating! I will eventually make it up there. I will give Crystal a call.
I've attached a picture of my yearling--Vinnie. He's a little tank right now.

I've never had the luxury of pasture. The desert is quite a different environment than Peoria. It will be interesting. I look forward to the softer footing and change of the seasons. I'm tired of the dust and heat here.
Take care. and thanks again!
Regards,
Katy
Now for my 2 cents, sometimes in the dead of winter with the below zero temps Arizona sounds pretty good. It took her phone call to realize that a horse there can NEVER having the luxury pasture. Katy also stated in her phone call that small square bales of alfalfa now cost $17.00 each. And we complain at $5.00 a bale delivered! How thankful I am that our ancestors chose the fertile black earth of Illinois to settle down.

No comments:

Post a Comment