Friday, June 21, 2019

Tonight I Sleep

At 4:00 am the foal nursed from Roxanne but she wasn't at all happy with him. She no longer believes he is hers. At 6:00 am, she almost stepped on him and I could no longer trust her to be careful. Roxanne was moved outside and she never called even once. After 2 solid days and nights of feeding this colt I'm exhausted and at my age can't spend another night feeding a baby every 2 hours.  My options now were to either have him put down, take him to U of I or give him to someone who would know how to care for him. Emily was sent a text and she turned out to be the answer. She picked him up today after her work. On a good note, the colt is doing very well, sucking down his formula.  Below is a picture of him in the back seat of Emily's truck for the transport to his new home.
The picture below is once he reached his new home.  He will get wonderful care from Emily.
Tonight I will sleep.
Lily was teased and covered just before the rain came in. The rain came hard and each time heading up to the barn to feed the colt and back I got dumped on.

No comments:

Post a Comment