Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Roxanne's Filly at 2 Days Old

We had such a good time on the walk today it was hard to leave after one round.  Today is Berean day, always a favorite day of the week. I forgot the camera though so no pictures today of the volunteers there.  Joan brought her guest Sheila there but both showed up right after all the work was done and we had just finished eating.  They cleaned up for me so I could run a couple horses to the vet clinic in Morton. When I arrived there all was dark. There was no electricity in the area. When I got home, the stalls were cleaned and horses fed. Mark wanted to weed whack the paddocks and wanted my help keeping the horses from bothering him.
Roxanne's 2 day old filly was taken out for a few pictures for the website. She had a ball galloping around the field while her mama grazed.

If you would like to see the rest of the pictures click HERE. I wasn't really happy with them, first of all there were no kids around to stand next to her showing her size reference and by the time I got out there it was already starting to get dark. The stalls were cleaned and hay taken out to the paddock that Roxanne and her filly are now using.  Mom had called to invite us over for strawberry triffle. Mark didn't want to stop working so I went by myself. When I got there they had already eaten the dessert and the game started. 
They let me join in and we all had a good time laughing at ourselves and each other.  I sure do love living out here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment