Friday, July 27, 2018

Counting the Horses

Shaeya and her dad came this morning to pick up the horses for the Goose Ranch. Coke was out yesterday but Brista still needed to be teased so when Shaeya arrived she helped with that. Brista was also out so they were loaded up and taken back to the Goose Ranch. Right after they left I left for Middle Grove. With Karin gone I needed to head out to check the horses. I parked below, hiked in and up to the top and started taking pictures of the foals. It was kind of confusing as some of the foals were with other foals and not by their mothers. It was obviously nap time. There were foals laying around all over.
Above is Hadassah's filly and below is Madiera's filly. 
Below is Lily's colt. 
Soul's colt had the biggest change. He went from a bay to a very dark, almost black color.
Once I thought I counted them all I hiked back down to the car, drove through the 2 gates and locked each one after I was out on the road then started driving home when I realized I hadn't seen Rosaleigh's filly. I turned the car around drove back to the gates, went through both gates then shut them behind me and hiked back up to find the horses. But this time I didn't bring the camera up. I found Rosaleigh and her filly at the very far north end grazing with Foxy's filly, Foxy, Indy and Tatiana. Indy may have lost her foal, she just didn't look as big as she did the last time I was out.  I'll bring her in when we get back from vacation to check. The rest of the horses looked great. If you would like to see the rest of the pictures from the first trip up click HERE
Rhonda sent a text that Tara had her puppies here. I ran over to her house to get pictures of them. They are adorable. The mom of these puppies is a Brittany weighing around 24 pounds and the dad is a Moyen Poodle ( half Standard Poodle half Miniature Poodle) weighing in UNDER 20 pounds. 

These puppies are for sale for $950.00 each. To see many more pictures of them click HERE.  If interested in one or want to learn more about this litter please contact Tara or Jay direct. Tara's phone number is 309-258-3650 Jay's phone number is 309-219-1161
 Ben flew in today from Texas so we had a steak dinner to celebrate. Phil and Anna and kids joined us. Mark and I had to leave right after supper for the Goose Ranch. We were joining a group going out on the pontoon boat for a gospel cruise on the big lake.
On the way back the full moon shone orange on the water.
Sarah sent some pictures of their fun at Mark Twain Lake.



They are having a great time. Karin called to report the weather has been perfect. Rachel posted the picture below of tonight's sunset coming through the hole in the rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment