Sunday, March 18, 2018

God's Gorgeous Handiwork

I was a little late heading out to care for the horses, walking out the door just as the sun was peeping through the trees and as soon as I walked out I turned around and walked right back in to get the camera. The early morning sun hitting the frost covered trees were sparkling like millions of diamonds. Mornings like today make me wish I had Rachel's talent. In the picture below the sun is just hitting the middle tree turning that to gold.
 A huge flock of birds flew over just as the sun was hitting the tops of the trees. 
 The evergreen tree was heavily decorated and glowed as the sun hit it but my camera or perhaps my picture taking just didn't show the glitter of what my eyes were admiring. 
 Check out the feathery frost covered weeds under the fence line. 
 These looked like thousands of diamonds glittering but again that sparkle just doesn't show. 
 There was just so much beauty that it was hard to go inside to work on stalls. 


Breakfast was a little late today as I spent much to much time admiring God's gorgeous handiwork this morning. Mom brought Joan's van over this morning full of Joan's kids and grandkids. She, Sarah and Hannah took Mark's car to the jail this morning as the choir was singing there. We dropped off Ava and Aubrey at their house then went on to church. Today was the Easter program which was held in place of afternoon church. I actually teared up during the program. The children did such an amazing job telling us the Easter story from the youngest to the oldest. 
Right after church Anna and her colt were taken outside and into the field for the first time since he was born. The sun had warmed up temperature to 56 degrees. That colt had a ball running around his mama and when Anna dropped to roll he tried to jump over her.





Emily and Mitchel came over after church to 'play' with Valiant. 




I called Karin this afternoon, she was at mom's and told me she couldn't talk as she and mom where working on Chinese pizza. I was confused at what kind of pizza that could be but hung up the phone. Karin called right back to tell me mom wanted to know if we would come over for a ham dinner tonight. I asked her, "what happened to the Chinese pizza?" Karin burst out laughing, she and mom were working on their Chinese visas for their China trip in June. 
Spark, Rhonda, Sarah, Nolan, Karin, Mark and I all enjoyed mom's delicious ham dinner which was served with green beans, baked sweet potatoes, salad and for dessert a caramel, chocolate cheese cake. After dinner I took Anna and her colt to the cabin field and brought back EasterBonnet and EllaSkye. That colt needs to be outside but not in a muddy paddock and Anna is coming into her foal heat so cannot be turned out in the field next to Valiant or he will break out of his paddock. 
Hadassah and Lola are in the foaling stalls tonight while Rosalie and Ayanna are in the indoor arena. Marika and Galena were left out as neither of their udders are ready. I'm not expecting any foals tonight but the paddocks are still to muddy to take a chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment