Monday, March 12, 2018

Anna's COLT by Valiant

Anna was in labor last night, pacing the stall and just uncomfortable. Shaeya and Sadie were put in charge of foal watch on the computer as I slept for a couple hours. At 11:15 pm Shaeya woke me up to report that Anna had just laid down. After checking out the monitor I was sure she was in the process of delivering so we three took the golf cart up to the barn. By 11:30 pm March 11th, 2018 this big colt by Valiant was born. We were all surprised at how tall he was when he stood up.






We came back to the house after he was standing and rooting around in the right area. I went back to bed while the girls watched on the monitor. At 1:00 am I woke up to check that he was nursing, he was but both girls were sound asleep on the chairs. They are going to be exhausted today. Thankful for an uneventful birth and a healthy colt.

No comments:

Post a Comment