Friday, March 9, 2018

Heart Stopping

Right after the walk I took the new truck and the new 2 horse trailer down to TSC to pick up a pallet of pelleted bedding for the stalls. The skid steer was used to unload once home then the bucket put back on. I'm so thankful for that skid steer, it saves hours of back breaking labor. Those pallets have 50 bags on them each bag weighing 40 pounds. Since the 2 horse was already hooked up, Jenis and Zalena were loaded and taken to Middle Grove. We have 5 to take out so by taking the 2 today it will make tomorrow's load much easier. Jenis and Zalena were so thrilled to be back, they each picked a nice thick grassy area and had a good roll before settling down to graze. The horses were spread all over at Middle Grove and as long as I was there I wanted to check each mare. It was obvious that Marika, Sheena, Lily, Lola, Foxy, Hadassah, Jewel, and Tori are still pregnant but hard it is to tell with Tatiana, Roxanne and Rosalie. I'll need to bring them in to the Hanna City farm in April to have them checked. Madeira looked chubby as did Soul but since this is Madeira's first she won't stick out as far and Soul is just really hard to tell. Last year even a month before she delivered we were questioning if she had lost the foal but she didn't.  I didn't see Missy so started searching and my heart dropped when I saw a black lump way up on a ridge. I hiked up and when I got close saw it was Missy. I exclaimed loudly, "oh NO!" believing she was dead when Missy's head popped up. She was so sound asleep enjoying the sunshine she didn't hear me hiking up to her. She too is obviously still pregnant. Marika was loaded for the trip back. I forgot to bring the camera which was too bad, the horses out there are all CLEAN.  Tomorrow I need to remember the camera. Tomorrow I'll load Sangria, Oksana and Indy to bring out, meet Karin at the Library and together we will drop off these 3 and pick up Hadassah and Lola.
This evening was the Lighthouse dinner and auction, Mark and I went to do dishes and were busy from 4:30 pm until 8:40 pm. Thankfully Marie offered to finish the goblets so we could head home. Another long day and I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment