Monday, March 12, 2018

Anna's Colt Sold

Actually the buyer is sending the deposit check so I won't mark him sold on the website until it actually arrives. Below is the video of his birth last night.
I was very glad for Shaeya and Sadie's help. The video stops right after the colt was born so we could tear the sack, help him breath and dry him off as it was cold. The video starts back up as he is learning to stand and walk and includes a couple falls. There are a lot of gas sounds but that is to be expected, it IS Anna afterall our most gassy mare. This morning I ran to TEMCO to pick up the Berean mail and then to Sam's to pick out the Berean meal. Tomorrow we will be eating Hawaiian Teriyaki chicken over a bed of rice served with those sweet King Hawaiin rolls and butter along with fresh huge seedless red grapes and finishing with an Irish cream pie. No idea what that is but Sam's club had a special on it and it looks good. I got to Sam's and discovered my wallet was not in my purse. They let me buy the food anyway giving me a temporary card and letting me use my check book. This afternoon was spent stripping the foaling stall. Anna and her colt were moved over into the other one and load after load of wet straw and hay were pulled out of the one Anna delivered in last night. I'm leaving it open but will get it ready tomorrow for the next mare needing it. Rosalie and Galena were left in the indoor for the night just in case. Hadassah is the next mare due March 23rd but she has no waxing and is not that bagged up so left out with Lola. All of the mare's udders were checked and none of them show waxing so we should have time before the next foal arrives. I snapped the pictures below for the colt's new owner. He is a strong big colt and it wasn't easy applying iodine to his cord but I got that job done too.


  Mom made a big pot of beef vegetable soup and invited anyone that wanted some to come eat. Mark and I were first over, last time we waited just a little too long and all was gone by the time we got there. Mom is an excellent cook. She served that with a delicious loaf of home baked bread. I'm tired after that short night and will head to bed soon but so very grateful for a safe delivery and a healthy colt.

No comments:

Post a Comment