Thursday, February 20, 2014

Ribbon's 2013 Filly by Raven

Her owner writes: Even with the 50 mile per hour wind gusts here. Pandora is calm and loves getting brushed by my two year old. She even nickers for her when she sees her. They have definitely bonded.

 Lily was moved into another stall this morning and her stalled cleaned and prepared for tonight. The puppies were fed and their box cleaned for the day then off I drove to work. When the door to the office was opened I was so tempted to turn around and head home, instead I spent the first half hour mopping up water. We had over an inch of rain on top of piles of snow and the the water run off ran into the warehouse and into the office. Mark brought down some lunch around 11:30 and by 2:30 pm I had to leave. My back was really hurting. Not that I'm compulsive or anything but I can't remember EVER leaving when there are studies still needing to be entered. Once home the puppies were cared for first then Lily was moved, the stall cleaned and 2 loads of hay brought in. One for her stall tonight and one for the morning. For the first time since building the barns the indoor arena is flooded. We may need to cancel Friesian practice scheduled for tomorrow AGAIN unless the water goes down. At least the rain has now stopped. The wind came roaring behind the rain slamming into the buildings and almost shaking the house. Some of the gusts have now been clocked at 54 miles per hour but the sustained winds are in the 20s and 30s miles per hour.  

No comments:

Post a Comment