Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Puppy Poop

The pups were SO hungry at 3:00 am crying loud enough to wake the almost dead. At least I felt almost dead, dragging myself out of our warm soft bed out to the kitchen to face the onslaught of starving puppies and a very stinky messy box.
Just 3 short hours later it was time to do the very same thing. I keep telling myself, "only 2 more weeks, just 2 more weeks and they will all be gone."
Diane drove down to Meisters early to start warming up our office as we are again in the deep freeze. Eva Jean, Diane and I were like a well oiled machine today cranking out the studies and Bibles. We finished as far as we could go by 11:40, loaded Diane's van up with over 100 Bibles then headed for lunch. Diane took the Bibles to the small Hanna City post office and only then found out they don't have a loading dock. Each box needed to be brought in through the doors, unpacked, stamped and loaded back up. No wonder her back is hurting today. I took off for the drivers license facility to get the sticker for the truck then to Sams for groceries then Walmart to find pads. I wanted those blue absorbent hospital pads to use for the puppies but no one had them. I finally found them on-line at Walgreens and ordered the smallest package possible which was 100 pads.
Mark drove Ruth, Diane and I to choir. We ended the night with the song, I"d Rather Be a Servant in Your Heavenly House and of course that song has been running through my brain all evening. Rhoda had already changed the puppies bedding when we got back from choir. The puppies are now fed and happy.
I hope Lily doesn't deliver for a while, it will be below zero by tomorrow morning and stay cold for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment