Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Stuffed Car

Rhoda brought Sangria to Bridlewood last night, she is going to Jubilee on a trail ride with her boss, Dr. Lissa Calhoun from Dunlap Vet clinic today. Rhoda was reminded to bring a bale of hay home with her, as I have no hay left at Bridlewood. This morning early I run out to feed Sangria, see the entire bale in her paddock, walk over to see why it was not touched, it was straw. I had to borrow a couple of flakes from Bridlewood stable to feed the STARVING mare.
Both dogs were taken to the farm for the walk today. First job on the list was to try Savanna, she is showing all the signs of being in season but as soon as Raven starts to mount she kicks. Back he goes into his paddock very disappointed. I don't take a chance of letting him get hurt on live cover so we never allow him to mount until we are sure the mare will stand.
While we were on our walk, Philip calls and needs me to bring home the wheel barrow. Of course I tell him no problem forgetting I have my small car with 2 big dogs. The picture below shows how when there is a will there will be a way.


The poor dogs were almost hanging out the window on the way home trying to find a place to fit.
Heather from St. Louis called, she wants to bring up a mare for breeding on Friday. I told her to come even though the gate needs fixing before another mare is put in the breeding paddocks. The gate between the 2 paddocks in the shelter was down and was put up with a temp job so Savanna the paint mare could go in the front. Now we will have a mare in the back paddock so it MUST be fixed by Friday. I'm so glad Mike got the back paddock cleaned out.
Heather bred her bay roan mare to Raven 2 years ago, the filly, now a year old stands wither to wither with her very big dam and is the most beautiful blue roan color. Heather told me on the phone her vet was out to draw coggins and LOVED the filly. The vet raises Holstieners so knows quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment