Thursday, April 22, 2010

Grace & Jenis

Tonight was hot tub night. The lower paddock was finished by hand with a terrible wheel barrow. Mine was lent out yesterday and not yet back, the first wheel barrow I tried was pretty bad, I filled it full then tried to haul it to the pile and the tire was flat. That load was dragged backward, the next wheel barrow was bent so if it wasn't exactly situated it would tip over as it was being filled. After working with it for a couple of loads, I decided to walk over and borrow Diane's. She had it under her deck, leaning up against Mike's shop, so wasn't too hard to find. The first check was the tire check and yes, that one was also flat. It was back to the bent wheel barrow. After a few more loads the paddock was deemed good enough and the stalls were started on. I filled the back of my car with feed bags, baling twine, broken manure forks, broken feeders and cracked buckets and took that load to the dumpster. The office was swept out, literally thousands of lady bugs were congregated in the windows and on the floor under pieces of wood. The pile of them was four inches deep, 18 inches long and probably about 6 inches wide. Mark showed up to clean the skid steer around 4:00pm. Before he started I asked him to move a round bale in the breeding sheds freshly cleaned paddock. We both worked on cleaning the skid steer tracks, Mark with the power washer and me with shovels. By the time Beth pulled up with her mare Grace I was so ready to stop. Grace's filly is exquisite. Tomorrow I must take my camera. She is named Jenis and has the beautiful 'rainbow' arched neck, compact body, long straight legs and a very gorgeous, feminine face. Grace took a while to decide if she would accept Raven but he got the job accomplished without too much fuss. Tomorrow morning I'll try her again just to make sure she really is in season.
By the time I got home, Mark had a pizza just coming out of the oven. That tasted delicious, as I skipped lunch. After dinner was when I realized I had stiffened up and asked Mark if he wanted to head to Riverplex for some hot tubbing. That felt WONDERFUL.

2 comments:

  1. i need to teach you how to use an AIR COMPRESSOR:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there any working air compressor's out there? the one in the shed didn't have the correct end on and couldn't find one that was working at Mike's although I don't know where his comes out of his house.

    ReplyDelete