Thursday, April 15, 2010

Madison, Here We Come!

We made it to the Midwest Horse Fair at the Alliant Energy center in Madison, WI about 3:00pm and set up went smooth. It must be all the good help. Our stalls look very nice. We are in barn 5 and the aisles are so narrow no tables are to be set up. We got a very narrow table up against Ribbon's stall for a few goodies. Karin and Rebekah did a wonderful job with the decorating. I'll get some pictures tomorrow, right now we are taking it easy in a very comfortable Sleep Inn about 5 miles from the fair. The pictures below are of a Raven daughter now 5 years old. She is out of a Trakehner mare named Opr's Lily.



I love seeing updated pictures of Raven's foals. She has just turned out just beautiful. We hear over and over how easy Raven's offspring are to train, what good minds they have and what a joy they are to have around.
At the farm, Steven Marchal loaded up Clara, her colt, Chloe, Ciera, Wanda and Knight and took them all to Middle Grove for some R and R. He brought back Sophie and she was covered again by Raven. IF she is still in tomorrow I'll have to change the sonagram date.
Mark got me a very nice leather purse for my birthday even though I asked for a wheelbarrow. The purse was pretty necessary, mine was falling apart. So I got to the barn to start loading hay into the trailer for the weekend and there is a brand new wheelbarrow up against the office. I thought it must be Ralph's and he won't mind if I borrow it so Rebekah helped me load it up. When we stopped at the first gas station I remembered to tell Karin that I borrowed Ralph's wheelbarrow and we MUST bring it home with us as the last one we left in Springfield. Karin looks at me with this weird look and says, "I bought that for you for your birthday, I saw you load it up and thought it was strange you didn't say anything." Then the laughing started.

No comments:

Post a Comment