Wednesday, May 16, 2018

The Color White

I tried to surprise the walkers this morning with the birth of Madeira's filly but they all guessed right away when we started walking into the barn. After the walk today I called Zane's to see about scheduling an oil change on the new truck and to get the brakes repaired on the old truck. They were willing to take the old truck on Monday night but the oil change could not be scheduled for a week. I guess they really don't want to do oil changes. Instead I took that truck to the Walmart in Morton. They were not busy in fact my truck was the only vehicle in the parking lot on that side. I gave the man the keys and told him it was that 'white' truck out there. He looks around at the only vehicle in the parking lot which happens to be a silver truck and says, "do you mean that SILVER truck?" I just don't remember colors. It only took about a half hour and cost $52.00 but they even filled the window washer fluid and swept it out. I thought that was a bargain.
While I was gone Rhonda brought visitors here to see the foals and took the golf cart. There are foals in every paddock except the 2 stallion paddocks. She even took them to the cabin field to see Darla, Envy, Skye and Sheena then asked, "those horses in the cabin field, are they like teenagers?"
As soon as I got back the truck was hooked up to the 2 horse trailer for Saturday's trip to Indiana then Madeira's stall cleaned. She is doing so well with motherhood. The filly's cord was iodined, then I headed to the house to work on laundry and dishes.
Mark drove me, Hannah and mom to church tonight. Greg Rumbold had the service. I'm exhausted from not getting much sleep last night and am ready now to hit the sack. Thankful for another normal delivery and a healthy foal.

No comments:

Post a Comment