Friday, May 4, 2018

LONG Night of Prayer

Last night at 11:30 pm the phone rang. Believing it was just a horse call I did not get up to answer it letting it ring all 4 times then go to voicemail but when it rang again right away I flew to the phone and saw Philip was calling. I answered with "Philip what's wrong?" and heard some mumbling then, "I'm in pain, will you come?"  I can't tell you how quickly I was in the car driving down Hanna City Glasford road to find out what was the matter. When I arrived at Phil and Anna's house, Phil was in the passenger seat and Anna told me, "Phil fell off the roof, I need to take him to the hospital."  The rest of the night was spent in prayer or dozing off. At 5:30 am Braelyn came down to take Hux outside and was shocked to see me. I was telling her about her daddy falling off the roof and her mommy taking him to the hospital when we heard the garage door open. They were HOME.  Philip broke his back at L2 and has a bad heel bruise. Anna told us the story of the evening. She was sleeping and Hux (their puppy that doesn't bark) wouldn't stop barking.  She was super annoyed and actually texted Phil to make him stop barking.  He even came to the outside of her door barking.  When she was carrying him back to the living room she saw Phil out the window laying on the ground. He was white and laying twisted. She asked him, "did you fall off the ladder?" and he answered, "No I fell off the roof." He was going to pass out but was trying to get up to get into the house. She literally dragged him into the house. At first Phil wanted to wait to see if he would start to feel better but as things got worse they made the decision to go to the hospital.
Anna sent the text to the family and the response kind of made us smile.
Sarah sent: "I was wondering how long it took you to decide to go to the ER"
Anna sent: "Ha, it took some time an a lot of pain"
Steph sent: "Oh no!!!! That's got to hurt so bad!! Praying for him!"
David sent: "Praying."
Rhoda sent: "He's got a great physical therapist to help him heal.  I'm glad you got him to the ER"
Anna sent: "This was about 10:45 pm, it took me 45 minutes to talk Phil into going, so we got to the ER at midnight."
Rhoda sent: "Hux = Lassie"
Anna  sent: "right? It was super crazy, I gave him a treat:o)"
Lee sent: "Hux is the hero! The wolves might have got to him before you did!"
Nolan sent: " Dogs are man's best friend, as the saying goes"
Rhoda sent: "Lee for the last time it's coyotes! not wolves out there."
Ben sent: "More importantly (kidding) did he fix your internet?"
Mark sent: "Is he going to work today?"
Judy sent: "I told dad "NO"
Anna sent: "Ha, he left almost as soon as we got home. He just has to deliver some fittings and then he said he'd be back."
Judy sent: "Dad is incredulous"
Anna sent: "Believe me, I tried to talk him out of it, but you know...where he gets it from:-)"
Mom and I were the only walkers today. We stopped to talk to Joan who sent Sarah's dog Kabur with us and before we could even get to Rhonda's house the rain moved in and soaked us. We sheltered for a while in Rhonda's house then she offered us an umbrella but by the time we started walking again the rain stopped.  When I got back to my house dark clouds were again forming in the west but the sun came out in the east and lit up the Redbud tree so I grabbed the camera and snapped a picture.
It is such a beautiful tree and I'm thankful for Marilyn for planting this tree so many years ago. A bit later mom came walking over followed by 2 dogs and led by 1.
 She was going to help me get Jewel and her filly out of the stall for the first time since the filly was born as the sun came out and the weather was nice. On the way up to the barn Kabur caught a bunny. Mom yelled at him, he laid it down and Ebby snatched it up. 

We were able to distract Ebby when she dropped the bunny that I was able to snatch it up and put in under a pallet load of pavers so it was safe from the dogs. Not that we don't have enough rabbits around here but we just hate to see the dogs kill them.  Both Ebby and Kabur were circling the pallet load of pavers so mom and I left them and went on up to the barn. Jewel's filly was so funny her first time out. It didn't take her long to learn how to use those long legs of hers.
 She would run around her mom, then run over to my mom for attention. 
 Below she wanted mom to scratch her rear end. What a character!
If you would like to see the rest of  the pictures of Jewel's filly with my mom click HERE.
When I got back to the house I saw another bunny but this time it was taking shelter wedged under our door frame. Sarah took the picture below before this bunny  moved away on his own.
Mark came home early so we could unload the tiller from Phil's truck over at Joan's house. Joan and Rachel will be using that tomorrow to plant a garden.  As soon as we got it unloaded we ran back to the house, cleaned up and drove to Morton, IL for our second session of marriage counseling. We are both impressed with our counselor Kaleb Beyer. We both feel this is well worth the time and money. So much so we are going to go again next month.
As soon as we got back from that we moved 2 bales in, one for the middle paddock and one for Lily's paddock, then hooked the auger up to the skid steer and took that over to Joan's to start digging holes for the solar system.

We have 10 holes to dig and only got one done when we had to stop to get cleaned up to go to Jessica's open house. That was well attended and everyone had a good time. As soon as we got home Mark started mowing and mowed until it was dark. The open house group moved over to Rachel's house for a big camp fire. Sarah and Nolan brought that great treat we call  heartattackonastick  which is big slabs of bacon cooked over the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment