Wednesday, January 6, 2016

7 Home

Mom and I went to Berean this morning to just try to get yesterday's work finished. We were surprised to be joined by 8 other volunteers. To read about our morning click HERE.
Emily and I had arranged to meet at the Hanna City farm at noon today to start bringing back the mares. When we arrived at Middle Grove we found Mike hard at work building a road with his bull dozer.
 The mares were all spread out grazing. This is such a pretty sight. Instead of all standing around in a muddy paddock eating expensive hay they are relatively clean and eating the free grass.

 The mares saw Emily coming and all came gathering to meet her. She brought Anna and Eliza first. Once they were loaded in the front of the trailer she went back and got Indy and Ayanna.
I left with the first load, Emily stayed to help Mike then had the second load waiting ready for loading. Jenis and Zalena went in the front of the trailer and Ribbon in the back. While I was gone with the first group Emily was asked to take some pictures of the foals. We had a couple people wanting updated pictures of Winston. 

Above is Walter (Sangria x Valiant) and below is Zephyr (Ella x Evan)
 Ella's colt Zephyr went down to the lake to get a drink followed by a few others.  This colt is so cute and friendly. He followed Emily all the way up to the gate and probably would have checked out the trailer if the gate would have been open.
 Below is Jewel coming back from the lake.
Mark, mom and I were a little late leaving for church but still arrived during the singing. Craig Stickling had the service reading first from Numbers then from Ephesians 6.
Time for one funny story from the day. I was driving the first load back from Middle Grove when my phone went off. A text came in asking "when is the horse fair and do I have a room?" Thinking this was from Rhoda, when I hit the stop sign I used the speaking app to write, "I have reserved a room for you and Lee Friday and Saturday night, On Thursday you will stay in the girls room with me." It wasn't until I arrived back at the farm that the texter responded, "you mean I can't stay with Spark?" The text was from RHONDA not RHODA!

No comments:

Post a Comment