Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sissy's Education

This is the second day in a row Steven Marchal worked with Sissy. This is what he sent today: She did so well today. She stood quietly while i put the saddle pad on a few times and didnt care about the saddle. I also walked on the mounting block a bunch of times, leaned over the saddle and put my weight in the stirrup bunch of times.
Thanks for the pictures and updates Steven! It would be really wonderful to get her under saddle. She is a big stout mare that could easily carry some of our adult riders. We had a sweet day of fellowship starting with church, then dinner at David and Stephanie's house. Today the men served the women at lunch for Valentines day but I didn't figure out what was happening until later. Before church I went straight into the lunchroom to sign-up and was surprised to see the list put up in the case. I pulled it out, put it down to write my name on a slot then left it out for others to sign up. The only openings were 2nd shift waitresses. Not really looking at the names but enough to see the wrong gender down on some of the lines, I was feeling bad for Dean and Holly. Thinking they probably don't know that people will just come sign up each Sunday morning and asked some of the young guys to help. At David's class he announces we have 7 minutes left and a bunch of the guys stand up and walk out. At that point I'm thinking "I wonder if they are all ushers." Walk upstairs and see all the ladies are sitting and the men are ready to serve. Only then did I realize what the morning was about. DUH! Of course I was too embarrassed to show up for my second shift job.

No comments:

Post a Comment