Friday, March 9, 2012

Email from Vicki

Hi Judy. I know you're in the hospital with your "hip replacement" hope you get to feeling better and that is a SUCCESS...
(I've been following your blog and the exciting Horse Fair with your great group of riders/trainers and certainly voluneers!).. and the horses look fabulous..... Evan and Valiant... I'm so impressed...


Anyway.. thought I would send you a picture from tonight. It was getting dark and of course he was so cute and most of my pictures were NOT good. This is the first time I've had my dressage saddle on him.. But this one... sure looks like a Raven Horse - look at that neck! and he's only half friesian.
He's coming along super. (no we are NOT riding him), just getting him used to saddle and driving and obstacles. He's already probably 15.2 hands he's going to easily reach 16 - 16.1 I think..
Plus he hasn't missed a meal.

Thanks Vicki, Always nice to see updated pictures, what a handsome boy!
Last night was our first night home and not to brag or anything but I thought it was handled well. The therapist gave me a routine to follow and I'm following it faithfully. I'm bound and determined to get back on my feet quickly as there is so much to do. What I didn't anticipate is the extreme weakness from laying on my back since Tuesday. Oh well the strength will come back.
Steven kept things going around here while I was in the hospital, I need to check in with him to see how everything went but so far all looks well.

2 comments:

  1. Is this Sebastian's half brother? (You named him Falcon) Sebastian is under saddle and had been training with James Cooler for 4 or 5 months now. I will be posting a video on my blog soon of James riding him. I will ride him this week and am so excited. He is as friendly and level headed as they come and is an amazing trail horse so far. I will send pictures soon as well if you don't mind. Oh, and I think he will end up being close if not over 16.1. We love this boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, this is Sebastian's FULL brother. Can't wait for the video.

      Delete