Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Nice Update on a Raven Colt

Hi Judy,
My Boy Rohan....I just love him. He is in that stage where he has to taste everything, pull everything off the fence, and his nose is on EVERYTHING and I mean everything. He isn't scared at all. I throw my shavings bags out in the wind to scare him and the next thing I know he's picked it up and carrying it around in his teeth trotting back and forth. Hilarious. ..He puts both front feet in the horse tank and stands there and paws and splashes. I'm afraid he will get hurt but I guess the worst thing he can do is tip the tank over and its a Rubbermaid one.... I bought him one of those Amazing Graze treat bin things (they are at KV Vet supply) and are like a giant green cone thing and they have a hole in it and they have to roll it along to get a treat. I kid you not he mastered that in about five minutes. I thought it would scare him when I put it in his stall. He is way smarter than I expected as never having had a Friesian.. I didn't know.. I started reaching over his back both directions to make him bend to once side of the other and lean on him a little. He gets a cookie, will just do it standing there if I'm out so he thinks I will give him one. Tooo funny. If I take my grey horse out to mess with him and put him in the crossties in front of Rohans stall. Rohan's nose does not leave the front bars of his stall until I am done. Can't wait to get him under saddle.
Vicki
Thanks Vicki so much for the update. There are Friesian crosses and then there are RAVEN Friesian crosses!
We woke up to a beautiful morning, actually the kids played games late into the night meaning the morning is ours. Breakfast will be a bit later this morning. After the storm it much less muggy and hot which made for wonderful sleeping weather. The forecast today is bright sunshine, 0 percent chance of rain and high in the low 80s PERFECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment