Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Trip

This morning there is a board down in the front of the paddock by the office. Sanna, Samantha and Ylse are all in that paddock with their foals. Sanna and Samantha eating on the old bale with Ylse reaching over the fence to the new corner bale. Both fillies were lying down together. I don't think any of them will try to climb over so hopefully it can be left until this weekend when I'll ask Mark to put it back up, I just don't have time today. Jenis did not need to be taken out to grain, just put a feeder on the fence in front and fed her. Neither Izadora or Lily would dream of confronting Jenis for the grain. We are leaving at 5:00am tomorrow for Gulf Shores so I'll be out of touch for at least a day. Once in the condo we have internet and I will bring a laptop to check emails.
I'll ask Steven Marchal if he will keep an eye on things while we are gone. He put 3 new bales in yesterday. This morning Mike pulls up on his new motorcycle and asked who moved in the bales. Steven came out this morning, temporarily put up the downed rail, then checked Kesha's mare from Tennessee. She is showing today and Steven had Raven cover her. I've emailed her owner to let her know. Royal may be sold, a man from Seattle Washington called yesterday and told me he is sending the deposit. I'm not marking him sold until it comes, I've been promised deposits before and somehow they just get 'lost in the mail'. I dropped his price to $5000.00 and had 3 people contact me about him. As we are leaving for 10 days, I won't be able to mark him sold until I get back even if the deposit shows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment