Monday, September 14, 2009

The Grand Tour

We had a nice lunch at Denny's with the ladies. Dan, Philip and Mark joined us. Then down to Meister Brothers to see mom's video. Martha said just seeing the video of mom feeding the fish by mouth made getting out of bed worth it today. Martha is almost 97 years old but sharp as a tack. The tour went wonderful thanks to Dan Meister of the Old School Center. He had a wheel chair out ready for Martha so she wouldn't have to walk the entire place. I found out the Old School Center has 70,000 square feet and we saw probably about half of it. We then headed to Norris, IL where my car was able to drive the ladies half way around the lake. We decided the day was still young so headed to the farm to show off our beautiful Friesians. Martha made the comment that they were so shiny black. Of course Raven had to hang his head over the gate for some loving. Tiara was the only filly that came up, the other 3 foals were busy playing. I didn't get to TSC today so Raven was fed some of the mare's grain. I'll have to try to go tomorrow after work if we get done in time. Rachel Sauder of momentscapturedbyrachel.com sent me 5 pictures of Sophie for my website and I was able to put 4 of them up. I've posted on on this page. The other I couldn't get to download. Check out her page on our website. We are really happy with how her training is coming along. She is a beautiful mare and will make someone a wonderful riding horse. She is very strongly naturally gaited.

No comments:

Post a Comment