Thursday, September 24, 2009

Alabama or Bust

We do not have a working alarm clock so I told my mind, must wake up by 4:00am this morning. At 3:55am my eyes pop open, look at the clock and jump out of bed. I'm very discreetly trying to get dressed in the dark when I hear Mark say, it's 4:00am, you need to get up. He had no idea I was already out of bed. Beside not having an alarm we have no radio and no television, but we do get the paper. Mark was working last night on something he ordered to help him get TV from the internet so by the time we get back from Gulf Shores, we should be able to watch the news. It's been kind of nice not knowing the state of the country, we hear by word of mouth that people are MAD!
Packing the cooler was the first on the list. We wanted to take down our farm fresh eggs, so the first carton I pull out of the fridge is one that holds 18 eggs and I promptly drop it and break 10 eggs. Darcy will be lucky this morning, I scooped them up and put them in her pan. Anyone that has tried to get slimy raw eggs off a tile floor realizes how slippery the tile gets and this spot is right in front of the fridge. Thought about leaving the mess for the girls (yeah right). Get the cooler packed and outside and I go to put my bag of books on the stoop and they drop off and spill out into the grass. I'm just all fumble fingers this morning. I realize I forgot to pack my hat but it is upstairs and I don't want to wake up Mark again so I'll just borrow one from down south. Mom has a few in her owners closet. I just looked in the mirror and I have to do something with my hair or they won't let me in the van. I washed it last night, combed it out but went to bed with it wet and now I look like a witch. The hair is sticking straight out. The good thing right now is that I'm on my second cup of coffee, soon I'll not be so clumsy so I'll try to run a brush through it and clip it back. OK Alabama, Ready or NOT, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment