Monday, September 14, 2009

Another Monday

Monday's seem to show up pretty regular, like once a week, but this one should be fun. We are meeting Eva Jean, & Martha Schaefer along with Bernice Otto at Meister Brothers at 11:30am where Eva Jean will show her sister-in-law Martha where she works. Martha is either 95 or 96 years old but she wants to see the place. Lunch will be next then a trip out to the Old School Center in Farmington, IL where Dan Meister will give the ladies the grand tour. Once that is done we will head to Norris, IL to see the Herman lake.
This morning as I was driving home from the farm, a young deer, about half grown came running out of the corn and on to the road. I slowed down hoping it would run across and get out of the way but instead it went back to the corn and then back to the road. I think the rest of the herd had crossed and this one just couldn't be brave enough to get across. It ran along side the car for about 10 feet before heading back to the corn. I was glad it didn't try to cross in front of my car. We moved in a couple more round bales, one in the Friesian paddock and one in main paddock. The Friesian paddock has 9 horses in it right now so they are going through a bale every few days. That paddock is kind of small but they all get along so well and it is nice to have the 4 foals together for bonding and playing. When we wean they will all go together to my place. Steven Marchal cleaned their paddock by hand yesterday. I don't know why he didn't use the skid steer but it was sure nice to see it all cleaned up. THANKS STEVEN. I'll need to see if the skid steer needs more fuel. The mares were begging to be let out but until the hay gets cut, I need to keep them off the field. Hopefully we can get it cut soon. I love watching them in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment