Friday, August 7, 2009

Ylse


Lily seemed fine this morning after her colic so she is back out into her pen and I've moved Ribbon back into her pen. Steven read my blog and drove out to make sure she was ok most of the night. Below is the email he sent when he got back home.:hi Judy,I read the blog last night right before I was about to go to bed and so I went out to the lake to see lily. I got there just before midnight and stayed until 4am.I kept track of what she did and here it is:12am- urinated12:10-drank12:22- licked the salt block for 3minutes1:27- licked salt block again for a couple minutes2:10- defecated.She seemed hungry but since I hadn't talked to you I didn't want to give her anything but she seemed comfortable and alert the whole time I was there.
Thank you STEVEN.
This morning after our walk, Ylse was covered by Raven, then Raven was hand grazed for only 15 minutes. All three mares came to the fence and stared lovingly at him as all three mares are STILL in season. Sanna should be going out soon so hopefully Raven can cover her tonight. The picture is of Ylse and Rhoda right after we got Ylse.

No comments:

Post a Comment