Friday, August 21, 2009

Blessings from God


This morning as I am trying to roll out of bed, I decided I need to start counting my blessings. I do that when I'm hurting and this morning my back was so stiff I didn't think I would be able to roll over. This is not from physical work, it is from sitting at a computer typing in names and addresses for the prison Bible study.
Sarah helped me load the flat tire into the truck, we dropped off the truck at Rocket Tire, come back and it is all done AND charged to Meister Brothers. How wonderful is THAT! The laundry is stacking up so I throw a load into the washer turn it on and it WORKS! Another blessing. Get in the car to drive to the farm and the car turns ON. I usually just take this for granted but today I realized what a blessing this is. We use to have a car that would stall for no reason and I never knew if it would turn back on or not. I'm so THANKFUL for a car that WORKS! I drive up to the farm and the horses greet me excitedly, so glad to see me. What a blessing, I can look out and see 8 purebred Friesians, plus Lily and Ciera all at our own farm. Talk about blessings over flowing. What did I EVER do to deserve all of this. God is so GOOD! My dream was to one day own and stand a Friesian stallion. Raven, along with the wonderful mares we have are all truly a gift from God. I was always taught to dream big but this is far, far bigger than I would ever have dream and I know it is ALL a gift! I'm praying about putting out a calendar again this year. We have the most beautiful horses in the world (according to the little kids that come up from the South Side Mission) and I love having the calendar available for gifts. I would need about $2000.00 to do this again so will pray that if it is His will, enough will sell that I can. Not for prides sake but for others to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment