Saturday, August 8, 2009

Rachel's Trip

Here's day one and two. Sorry nothing too exciting.

Colorado August 2009

Judy told me to email her every day about what we do on our trip so she can put it on her blog so I guess it’s going to kind of make me keep a diary. I’m sure every one who reads this will be riveted, and check out what we’re doing every day because our lives are super interesting:)!!!! So here’s day one....

Aug. 7, 2009 We were originally planning on leaving about 4:30 in the afternoon but the day before we heard that there was some very hot/stormy weather coming our way so David decided to leave work at noon so we could get a head start. We were able to pull out about 1:20 onto the wet roads. It started raining pretty hard about 1:00 but had let up a little by the time we got on the road. David and the kids really want to stop at a Cabela’s on the way out so I got on the laptop and was able to locate one about 6 hours away from home in Omaha Nebraska. I went ahead and checked the weather there and it looked like 90's and 50% chance for thunderstorms overnight. We were planning on camping but because of the weather I decided to try priceline for a hotel near the Cabela’s. I was able to get one just 1 exit away from the store so it all worked out well. I don’t know what I would have done w/out my laptop and Verizon card. I think that pretty soon it will be a necessary as a cell phone that you can’t leave home w/out. We drove past lots of huge white windmills. It didn’t storm but is extremely hot and humid here so I was glad we got a hotel room. The kids were very wound up though so we really didn’t get a lot of sleep. They did have a free waffle breakfast though so maybe everything balanced out. I wish there was a way to make this sound more exciting but I can’t think of one way to make it very interesting. (Sorry blog readers).

Aug. 8, 2009 We hit the road about 8:30 this morning and are heading West again on 80. David is happy to see that the speed limit is 75 here because he interprets that to be around 83. Nebraska is kind of long and boring so I’m on board w/getting through it. We hope to be in Colorado by 4:30 this afternoon. We have a TV and Caleb brought his X-box so we are nonstop hearing

the sounds of battle in the van. I don’t know that this is helping entertain them or just bringing a different kind of fighting on the trip? Oh well. I have been carrying a set of ear plugs everywhere I go so when it gets to be too much I just pop them in and ignore it. I don’t know why it’s taken me 18 years of child rearing to discover these tiny little miracles....I must be a slow learner:)

No comments:

Post a Comment