Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Snake


Twenty of our new alfalfa round bales were delivered yesterday so today after our walk, we moved a new one in Raven's shelter. The Friesian mares also got one of the alfalfa bales last night. What a difference, they were not really hungry for their grain this morning. I'll see how Raven responds tomorrow. I left the farm and went straight down to TEMCO to pick up the Berean mail, drove it right down to the office, loaded up the car with the letters to go out to for TEMCO and gave them to Martha. While Eva Jean and I were working Mark comes into our office to say that there is a snake in Jenny's office, Dan caught it, Mark took a picture of it, so I brought it into our office to show Eva Jean. For some reason she didn't like it. It was a vicious little snake, bit Dan a couple of places and he was bleeding.
Gail Hodel came down to pick up the copies Eva Jean made for her. Gail is going to take my place the week I'm gone. She went to lunch with us.
As I was finishing up the Bridlewood accounts Diane called to see if I wanted to go garagesaling in Morton. I went but now I'm terribly car sick. I didn't buy enough to justify going. Cox equine transport called to tell me they will be here between 7:00pm and 8:00pm tomorrow night to pick up Apelles. That is church night and I hate to miss but don't know who I can get to take my place. I need to find a halter that fits her before that time. It will be good to get down to only 2 horses in that paddock and I may be hauling Izadora out to the farm before too long.
After dinner Mark and I took a walk, then put out the horses and filled the water tank. I was back to sewing and needed a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment