Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Velvet Is In


After work today I moved in a round bale for Jewell & Bella and filled up their water tank, then I drove out to the Hanna City farm to make sure all the lumber was delivered and to work the colts. All the lumber is there and we will be ready for fencing. Mike wanted to start tonight but we can't be there. I don't know if I can get anyone at such short notice.
The colts were great, they both got tied up, groomed, all 4 feet picked up and out and then a nice treat of grain. They both came to me so I didn't have to go into the mud.
Today, Lady, the painted Friesian, was the first to get checked to see if she is in season. Raven thought she was but she hated his guts. Then Velvet was brought up. She was willing but he would rather have Lady. He did get the job accomplished and we will mark her down as in season but I'm not 100% convinced. The picture is of Velvet's colt from last year. He was amazing and the person that bought him came to the horse fair to tell us how wonderful he is. Lady and Anni are both maiden mares and Velvet is experienced so maybe she figures if she co-operates she can get back to eating that much quicker. The way Raven acted with Lady makes me think she is coming in. I'll have to check her tomorrow. Could be Raven just loves a pretty face. She is going to West Virginia to her new owner once she is confirmed in foal.
I got the lumber bill in the mail today, I'd better start PRAYING I sell a horse within 30 days before the credit card bill comes due. I don't think I've ever carried a balance over but this just might be the first time. OH well every one has to pay interest sometime, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment