Monday, March 16, 2009

Chiquita's Colt

Cathie Trent, the instructor here at Bridlewood, brought in the ducks she wintered that live at the lake in Hanna City in the summer. As I was going out to work Chiquita's colt, I drove Rhoda's car out there with the ducks in so I didn't get the smell in my car. The smell was pretty bad so I rolled down all of the windows, then when I tried to roll them back up, all but the driver's side window rolled up. Hope I get it fixed for Rhoda before the rain comes in.
Got to the farm and both colts were waiting for me. Autumn's colt is such a sweet heart, Chiquita's colt is still a little shy but once I tied him up, I was able to pick out all 4 feet and give him a good groom. I also took off his halter and put on a bigger one. They both got a handful of grain today. I think this was the first time they had ever had it but both decided that it was REALLY good. It is amazing to me that even though all winter they were out with the herd not being handled they remember the imprinting and are relatively well behaved.
I got my lumber ordered for the next workday. If the weather is good we will try for Saturday. So much to do, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment