Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sonagrams and Health Papers

Tomorrow afternoon Dr. Hoerr is coming first to Bridlewood to do a health exam on Belle as she is going to be traveling to New York to her new home, and then on to the Hanna city farm for Clara and Ribbon's sonagram. It is very hard for me to be in 2 places at the same time so when Steven Marchal called and offered to help I jumped at his offer. He can be at the Hanna City farm getting Clara and Ribbon cleaned up and in stalls while I wait for Dr. Hoerr at Bridlewood.
Early Thursday morning we will be heading out to the Middle Grove farm to start hauling in the mares. The fencing project at Hanna City is just about done and we need to get the mares off the fields for a couple of months. We have 21 degrees this morning and the high is only suppose to be in the low 30s. By tomorrow morning it is suppose to be down to 13 degrees which will mean the roads will be passable. Last year we waited a little too long and had to have the tractor pull us out. If I was rich I would buy tons and tons of gravel. I need gravel at both the Hanna City farm and Middle Grove. Funny thing to be wishing for but gravel sure makes life easier on a farm. I guess I need to start praying for gravel. I've included a video that shows the mares on the Middle Grove farm. I did not have my good camera only our digital camera that also takes video clips. This year I'm determined to get a new video of the herd at Middle Grove during the summer. It is so impressive to see the mares come galloping up when they hear the truck coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment