Thursday, March 19, 2009

Paddocks

Hi All, We will be scheduling another work day on Saturday. We would like to finish the backs of the paddocks and rail along the fence line. I am also going to pick up paint to paint the small paddocks if anyone wants to come paint wear old clothes.
Velvet is still in season, Lady is still NOT in season and Anni is coming in but not yet wanting to stand. I'll try Anni tomorrow, Velvet tonight and leave Lady for a couple of days. Ralph is going to help me get the shed area ready for Jazz and her colt due to come in next week for a rebreed. I got one section cleaned out only 4 to go. I need to order a load of lime for the paddocks. Steven Marchal came out and worked Clara, she did so well that Mike climbed on her and Steven lead her a few steps. That is a good start. Steven also offered to come on Saturday for our work day. I gladly took him up on it!
Last night Rachel Sauder brought over posters of the vaulting team. They are a WONDERFUL collage of the vaulters. We wrote thank you notes on the back and delivered them to the companies that helped us at the fair.
I'm looking over the fields to see where a good area would be for an outdoor arena. There are pros and cons to what ever I look at. I would like it near the barn, flat area, high ground for drainage, and not taking up too much of the field. I'll take Rhoda out and see what she likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment