Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Gates

We are like every other breeding farm, we can't keep our gates looking nice. Raven, our Friesian stallion will lean on them when he is checking out a mare, or a mare that is not in season will kick at Raven (as he is checking them out) and hit the gate and bend it. Yesterday I got a call from a man that was getting out of horses and had gates for sale. So today I drove to Forrest City where I end up buying 11 different size gates along with 5 feeders and 6 buckets. I was so glad I took the big trailer. I got back to the farm and saw that 3 more loads of hay had been delivered. Only 2 loads to go and all 82 round bales I bought at the auction will be here. Mike is stacking them 3 high in the big barn so Karin still has room for vaulting practice. We need to to tell all the vaulters to NOT play on the hay when they are stacked that high. We have always let them play on the bales. When we were growing up as kids we loved to play on the hay but every time my grandpa Meister would catch us, we would get yelled at. I made up my mind that I would never tell kids they couldn't play on the hay, looks like I'll have to retract. It's just too dangerous when they are stacked that high.

No comments:

Post a Comment