Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Snow in April

 It was snowing this morning and actually kept snowing most of the day. As it was 35 degrees the snow did not stick but sure left a lot of moisture on the ground. It was snowing on our walk so we all wore winter coats. Ruth took the picture below. 

The snow didn't stop our walk but we were all pretty wet by the time we quit. Mark wanted an omelet for breakfast. I started this by throwing the vegetables and ham in the pan with a little olive oil.
Once that was sautéed the whipped eggs were added and by the time it was done it was light, fluffy and delicious. No picture of the final project, we dug right in after that cold wet walk. I was due at mom's by 10:00 am and  it was still snowing when I arrived. The video below was taken just before lunch.
Mom was watching the birds enjoying the sunflower seeds in the snow but when I offered to take her out she was SURE she didn't want to go. She had a nice warm robe on and Aunt Jinny went to get her sweater just by looking outside at the birds.
I sat down on the couch and sat on the Christmas decoration.
Why that was on the couch I have no idea but I think Karin put that there to punk me.
I left mom's after 1:00 pm to get the sheets and bedding for the 6 twin beds back upstairs. After putting that away I ran home and asked Mark to bring his label maker over and he went to work putting labels on the cabinet where the bedding belongs. 
While Mark was working on that I went shopping at Diane's loft. She is cleaning out the toys. I fill the red chest below with some boy toys and some girl toys.
Diane has so much more to go through and was going to send a message to Joan, Rachel and  Ruth for their grandchildren.

The toys were in the barn and put away just as Mark finished with his label maker. The next job was to take the cleaned laundry up to the foaling apartment. Both barns are now ready for company. The sewing kit ordered from Amazon came in and the sand bag for the pickleball net that had been ripped open was fixed. 
We left this evening at 5:30 pm for church as tonight was family night. The Klopfensteins served a wonderful pizza meal then David had the message. At one point he was asking for volunteers to be the animals.

If you would like to watch that click HERE
It was snowing all the way home.









 



No comments:

Post a Comment