Monday, April 15, 2024

All FIxed

 Diane joined Ruth, Joan and I by phone on the walk and told us a little more about her fish story. It really was awful. Ruth and I stopped in at mom's to visit but even before going into the house I took a picture of her flowering crab tree with the log cabin bird house. 

It really is extra pretty this spring.
After the walk breakfast was made and today we had something special. Mark found a few morel mushrooms on his walk so those were soaked in a milk and egg mixture then covered with ground up crackers and fried in bacon grease. They were served with the bacon, fried potatoes, an egg and a kiwi. BTW Mark cut the kiwi. I'm compulsive enough that I didn't want to include it in the picture after all everyone knows a kiwi needs to be cut the other direction so the star shows. 
After breakfast Mark loaded up an old battery into my car so I could drive to Washington, IL and pick up a new one for the golf cart. I left at 9:00 am and got home around 11:00 am. The battery was dropped off at the golf cart 
then I left for Sam's to pick up the treat for Berean tomorrow. That was dropped off at the Berean office. Lukie was out weeding and I offered to help but she told me no. When I got home Mark had all of the batteries out of the cart and the new one in.
We went to work and got all of the batteries installed again with all the hookups. At one point something started honking over and over. We thought it was the golf cart except this one doesn't have a horn. It turned out it was the car. The fob was in Mark's pocket and he bumped the panic button on it. We just had to laugh. I was pretty thrilled that after it was all put back together it worked as it was supposed to. I gratefully drove it home.
The kids gave me a couple books yesterday.  This afternoon I read Chasing the Horizon by Mary Connealy but found out only after finishing it that this is just the first book in a series and the WORST is that the second book isn't yet written. Who DOES that. I only found out because I went on ebay to buy the second book only to find it isn't yet published. Kind of like waiting for season 4 of the Chosen to come out on live streaming only to find out that was delayed and who knows how long. Two pictures showed up in my memories today. Both were taken the same day. Rhoda and Sarah with their husbands enjoying a summer day ride about 5 years ago. 




No comments:

Post a Comment