Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Middle Grove Check-Up

Diane and Mike needed to be at the Peoria airport by 5:30 am as they were flying to Pensacola, Florida then were to rent a car and drive to Gulf Shores but that isn't quite what happened. Their plane was first delayed with engine problems and then their flight was cancelled. Diane and Mike ended up driving down to Gulf Shores. They were able to cancel their rental car, got a refund on their ticket and even got $15.00 each for meals. Joan and I walked but just one round so I could be at mom's by 8:00 am to say good by to Uncle Johnny and Aunt MaryLu. It was so nice to have them. Mom, Aunt Jinnie and I left for the Berean office after the company left for Michigan around 8:40 pm and made it to the Berean office at 9:10 am. Everyone was already there and they were a little worried why we were late. We should have let them know.  We had a really good morning there.




Marvin gave us a wonderful update on the jail. We may share that on the Berean blog. After getting all the work was done we enjoyed Key Lime pie for dessert. The two empty places at the table were for the 2 people still working in the other room.
Marvin and Kathy but they soon were able to join us.
Once we got home Mark and I left for Peoria. Mark needed to pick up a battery for the Huskavarna mower. That took less than 10 minutes and from their we went to One World Coffee for our lunch. The kids gave us a gift card we needed to use up. We both ordered the Rueben sandwich. Those sandwiches were really delicious. 
We only had about 40 minutes as we needed to be downtown for a meeting at 2:00 pm. We actually made it there 15 minutes early and were out of there by 2:30 pm so we made it home by 3:00 pm. That gave me enough time to change and leave for Middle Grove. I wanted to check udders to see if any mare needed to come home but all of them were flat. When I arrived Jury saw me first and they all came out of the woods to greet me.
The horses were having fun taking turns cooling off in the puddle. After checking the mares I started to take pictures. Below is Rosalie, I just can't tell if she is pregnant our not. She kind of looks pregnant in the picture below.
But doesn't stick out on either side like I expected and with her udder completely flat I'm leaving her out for another week.

Irish is another mare I can't tell. She isn't due until middle of May and kind of looks pregnant from the front.
But when looked at from the side doesn't look at all pregnant.
I didn't really check any of the 5 Thoroughbred mares but saw them from a distance and they all looked like they were doing fine. If you would like to see the rest of the pictures from today at Middle Grove click HERE. Berlica and Mackenson were mowing here while I was at Middle Grove.
It really is wonderful to have help. Mark was looking out the window this evening and saw a big heron in the tree just across the driveway.
It flew away right after I took the picture.














 

No comments:

Post a Comment