Wednesday, April 10, 2024

More Soup

 The golf cart was missing this morning. Mark didn't remember where he left it last night. I had to walk up to search and noticed the redbud tree is just starting to bloom.

I took a close up so I could show Aunt Jinnie.
There was a pair of geese standing on top of one of the shelters.
They took off when I walked up closer.
We figured out on the walk between Joan and I how we could go to Erma Wieland's visitation and get mom to her funeral.  I was with mom and Aunt Jinnie this morning and would go with Mark this afternoon to the visitation then Joan would take mom and Aunt Jinnie to the funeral tomorrow. After the walk I got the soup bones out of the freezer and started those boiling. The tulips on the table at mom's were closed up early this morning but by the time I arrived had opened all the way up. 
Below is one that hasn't opened that far yet.
Below is one of the plants mom got for her birthday.
Mark was working on mowers while I was with mom. When Karin got home the bones were taken out of the boiling water to cool so I could get every bit of meat off. Then came the vegetables, onions, celery and carrots and then came the spices. That was put back on to boil. That was turned down to a simmer. Mark and I loaded a couple tables in the car and dropped those off at Maria's on the way to the visitation. We arrived there at 3:45 pm visited a bit with others who came early and when the doors were opened at 4:00 pm we were able to get through pretty quickly. We got home with plenty of time finish the soup, get that in the freezer and get all the dishes done before we needed to leave for church. Caleb Plattner had the message tonight.
Click HERE if you would like to watch that. After church a good size group went to Culvers for a late dinner. Since I had a bowl of soup before church I just ordered a single scoop of their creamy frozen yogurt  covered with a mint sauce. It was good. 





No comments:

Post a Comment