Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Snow

 We didn't actually have that much snow on the ground when we awoke but what was there was heavy wet and so sloshy. Diane and I walked and by the time we got to Joan's house our boots were sopping wet and our toes were frozen. It was still snowing on our walk but not too hard. I drove Diane home on the golf cart then the cart slid off her drive and into her yard and got stuck. It took a while to get it out. The golf cart does not have snow tires. That was parked and I was not able to use it again today. Mark went out to shovel our patio, some of our drive then went over to mom's to shovel a path to Karin's car and some of mom's drive in front of the garage. 

Before noon he went out again and this time with the skid steer. It was much to heavy for him to shovel by hand.
The snow kept falling, mom called to ask if I was taking pictures so out I went into the storm to get a few.



Sarah sent the picture below. Sledding is so much fun when you are a child. 
When we lived at Pleasant Home mom would have a fire going in the fire place and a big pot of hot chocolate on the stove. We and all the neighborhood kids would come in from sledding and crash in the living room next to the fire drinking talking over our near death experiences and close calls. Just one of so many happy memories of living there.
Of course I needed to take a video as it was coming down at the rate of an inch an hour.
The thermometer was running low to mid 30s so the snow was very slushy and full of puddles. I took some dinner over to mom's house at 4:00 pm and had to drive the car.  Karin sent back a text: DELICIOUS so I'm glad. I googled and made a teriyaki sauce to go on the wild rice and also dribbled some onto the chicken.  For our dinner here I made a pizza. I wanted to use the oven to help heat up the house and both Mark and I thought that sounded good. I made a LOT Of dishes today. Breakfast was sausage, eggs and biscuits. Lunch was creamy tomato soup with grilled ham and cheese a small salad, sliced peppers and sliced pears. All of the dishes are now in the dishwasher and as I was loading that  I couldn't help to be thankful. We have such an easy way to do the dishes and the laundry. The wind is picking up and the wind hitting the house making it moan and groan. It is predicted to have 30-40 mph gusts tonight. The wood burner has been going strong all day and the house is comfortable.





No comments:

Post a Comment