Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Ice Snow Slush

 It was still slightly above freezing this morning with a light rain. The driveways were worse than yesterday, still a hard ice under the snow and ice above the snow with some slush on top of the ice. 

I was out checking horses this morning. Thalia and Lea were happily munching away on the hay.
I really need to get some updated pictures of Thalia so she can be posted on the Horsemeister website. I called Lea and she looked up from eating then came over to the fence for attention.
Lea stuck her nose over the fence to check out the phone.
Thalia also wanted some attention and both girls were given good scratches up by their neck lines. That is a favorite place for both of them.
Both of Mike's Thoroughbred mares looked over and wanted me to come but there was so much deep snow to walk through I didn't just took the picture from across the circle drive.
Valiant also came up to the gate.
When I finally came in my feet were frozen. I started the fire and that warmed everything up.
Berean was canceled for this week. Skip got to the office to find the parking lot was a sheet of ice. He made the call to cancel and I sent messages to the volunteers who had planned to come. This afternoon we had someone come to see the barn to see if it would work for her daughter's wedding reception. I was able to take the golf cart to the barn but got stuck a couple times so as soon as I got it back to the house it was put away in the garage and plugged in. It is just too slippery to use right now.  A little later I got notice that someone had booked the barn and the apartment for August 16th and 17th for their wedding. They also booked Diane's cowboy cabin. This person is booking sight unseen so I sure hope the barn meets their expectations. I posted the 5th wheel for sale and have had a lot of offers. 
Most of the offers are a little crazy. One wanted to trade a motorcycle, another wanted to trade a 1999 dump trailer plus cash. One lady offered to buy it for the asking price but want to make payments while they live in it. This made me worry that it might sell and I have it listed on airbnb.  Since I don't want to take it off of airbnb, I changed the amount per night raising it to $100 a night with a $20.00 cleaning fee feeling pretty confident that no one in their right mind would rent it for that. It is a nice camper and rented well. 

The two slideouts make it roomy. Staying in it hardly feels like camping, the bed is queen size and comfortable. I really like the camper but don't want to do the work anymore. Must be getting lazy in my old age. This evening I made two pizzas and Mark and I took them over to mom's for dinner. We had a good visit. We are expecting rain with above freezing temperatures tonight so maybe by morning the driveways will be passable. It is currently 35 degrees and supposed to go up to 36.



No comments:

Post a Comment