Sunday, January 14, 2024

Frozen Sunday

 Brrr it was -15 degrees when we woke up and the house was cold. Mark had both fires going by the time I got out of bed so he was up early. Peoria church was called off but we were going to Bethany as our 2nd oldest grand daughter was getting baptized today, then after church everyone was coming here for lunch. I made two pans of home made cinnamon rolls and got the chili into a crock pot before it was time to leave.  Mark went out 5 minutes early to start my car as that car was in the garage only to find the driver door was frozen shut. He came back in the house to get some water to pour on it but at 15 below that was a bad idea. He got his car started but the amount of ice and snow on the window was much too hard to chip off. Joan dropped off Berlica about that time as she was coming with us. Mark came in and said it would take about 10 minutes for his car to warm up enough to get the windows cleared so I went out climbed in the passenger side over the console and into the drivers side of my car and started the car. It started but the dash did not light up. I backed it up then got ready for Mark and Berlica to come out but of the house but they didn't and I could not get out of the car so honked. They came out but instead of coming to my car Mark went to work on his windshield. That would have been fine as his was warmer than mine and I backed my car up enough so he could get his out but there was too much ice to get it back in the garage. No problem I was just going to leave it except it would not turn off. I couldn't get  out of the car to explain to Mark but he finally realized something wasn't right and left his car, climbed into mine when I explained the car won't turn off. He had to go back to his car to turn that off then back into my car and finally we were on our way to Bethany.  The dash never turned on so I had no idea how fast I was going but at least it was going. When we got to the church I had to crawl over the middle console to get out.  Thankfully Bethany was warm.  I had forgotten my phone so no pictures but Braelyn gave her testimony before the church and was baptized along with 2 others.  Diane sent a message through on my phone which had been left at home that they watched the live stream  at mom's and they all got to watch. What a blessing the internet can be. We were all sure rejoicing today! The entire group that came for Braelyn came to the barn. Lunch was a little late as we didn't get home until 12:30 pm but there was plenty of food for all. Below are a few pictures of the fun at the barn. 





The group at mom's had lunch together then played games and sent over the picture below:
After lunch the younger ones played in the bouncy house and the ages of Zion on up played basket ball, kick ball and dodge ball. Supper was served around 5:00 and after all that activity the kids were hungry. I think we reached a high of -8 at our place, at least that is what the car thermometer was reading each time I went back to the house for food. It is now -11 and going down to -13 tonight. Tomorrow should be a little warmer, we may make it up to 0 before it starts dropping again.  Mark brought more wood in and kept the home fires burning. He thinks by the time this cold spell is over we will have used more than half of our wood. That is what it is here for! Below is the video of today. 
All activities today needed to be inside.





No comments:

Post a Comment