Sunday, November 17, 2019

Confession Time

Well I have a new coat..I didn't buy this coat in fact I STOLE the coat. We had such a wonderful day at church with Craig Stickling having the morning service an Dave Obergfel having the afternoon and neither of them said anything about stealing so that's what I did when it came time to leave church.  Mark left the sanctuary pretty quickly but I stayed to talk a while then realized he was probably waiting at the car. I quickly put the coat on and went out to the car. As I was taking my veil off I dropped a bobby pin and as it fell I looked down and thought, "I didn't even know my coat had buttons" as the bobby pin hit a button then landed on the floor. That should have given me a clue that just maybe this coat didn't belong to me.  It wasn't until I got in the house and took off the coat that I realized I had never seen this coat before in my life. It has ruffles and pockets and big buttons but my coat just had a zipper and no ruffles or buttons. When Rhoda and Anna came over I told them that I had a new coat and of course they asked, "did I get it at a garage sale or find it in the garbage? When I brought it out and showed them they were really impressed that it is actually in style. Only then did I confess to accidentally putting on the wrong coat and not noticing it wasn't mine until I got home.  I will return it Wednesday night and sure hope it didn't belong to a visitor. Oh BROTHER hopefully who ever owns the coat didn't freeze on the way home.  You just can't trust these AC's.
We had a nice evening with Rhoda, Lee and Iris along with Phil, Anna, Braelyn, Taegan and Kensley.  Nolan showed up for dinner but then left for volley ball. The rest of us spent some time searching for a house to rent for the next Sceggel vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment