Friday, November 8, 2019

Abby Sold

It was 16 degrees this morning giving us our first really hard freeze.  By the time we left for our walk it was 18 degrees but we all made it dressed for the weather. The sun was out and that warmed us up to a high of 31 degrees  Ayanna was enjoying a nap in the straw with the sun shining warming up that black coat.
Of course I had to check her udder and was going to wait but she saw me coming so stood up, stretched and came to the gate. Her udder isn't any more bagged up than yesterday. Hopefully she will hold on for another 18 days.  I walked around her and she looked back as if to question what in the world I was doing.
Her rear end is so huge that from this direction her belly hardly sticks out.  Surely she isn't just FAT?
 I think she is carrying this foal mostly on the right side. 
My next job was to check on the weanlings. There were just 3 looking out of their shelter when I arrived. They saw me coming.
 Then there were 5.
Then all 6 of them came galloping up to the fence,
 and immediately lined up for their lunch. Left to right is Lance, Joshua, Lyra, Knight, Mitzamaya and Joshua.
As the sun was out and the frost was off the grass Jenis was taken out to the field so she could graze.

 She was just left out there while I went back to get some other jobs done.  
 This afternoon a couple calls came in for Abby and only few days since I dropped her price she SOLD.
Abby is going to be leaving around 8:00 am tomorrow morning.  Her new owners have plans to train her under saddle and are thrilled!  I'm happy Abby is getting a good home.  Mark built a nice fire in the wood burner around 3:30 am and that has been kept burning all day keeping this old house comfortable. So very thankful for heat!
The last job is to print off a copy of her coggins papers and the stallion certificate so the new owners can register her foal once it is born.
Everyone out here went to 5 Points Washington for the hospital Lumiere benefit.
That was VERY well attended and a big part of the budget comes from this auction.


No comments:

Post a Comment