Monday, April 1, 2019

Lola's April Fools Surprise

I checked all the mares this morning before our walk then put Galena and her filly in the indoor arena for the day.  Her stall will be cleaned later.  After the walk I went to Sam's club and Aldi for groceries then Meisters to pay the first of the month bills.  All of this took about 2 hours and wouldn't you know Lola decided to play an April Fools joke on us delivering a beautiful STOCKY filly while I was gone.  The filly was already up and nursing but her cord is quite wet yet, iodine needed to be applied as soon as I had them in a stall.  I was thankful Lola delivered in one of the shelters instead of down in the paddock. We had 2 inches of rain Friday and Saturday and everything is very muddy.  Smart mare! Mom came over to see the filly and of course I put her to work so I could get a few pictures of her.



No cool spots on this one but she has a nice big star and a snip. One of her back hooves has a little white also. 
I'll get more of her later right now I'm heading to Hoerr Vet clinic to pick up another foal shot.   SO thankful another uneventful birth, no loss of sleep and a beautiful new Valiant x Lola filly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment