Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Introducing Soul's New Colt

We are THRILLED to introduce Soul's brand new colt by Evan born early morning April 23rd, 2019.



He looks black but I believe THIS colt will gray.  He is HUGE much bigger than I expected from Soul as she hardly looked pregnant.  Last night there was no waxing at all but her udder was filled. As it was a nice night, warm temperatures and very little chance of rain she was turned out into the field. I was suspicious that she would deliver and last year she got cast in the stall as she was trying to deliver.  Soul does very well on her own and I was afraid I would not hear her if she got cast during the night so made the educated decision to put her in the nice grassy CLEAN field.
As soon as it was light enough to see I checked and there he was standing and nursing.  They were brought into a stall so his cord could be iodined and Soul could eat and drink without worry.  So so thankful for a safe delivery and a healthy foal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment