Monday, April 1, 2019

Lola's Filly SOLD

Right after I posted the blog on Lola's surprise filly I left for the vet clinic to pick up her foal shots.  Even before I got to the clinic the phone rang and Marie was asking if she could come this evening to see Lola's filly.  Of course I said yes.  Once home the filly was given the Exceed (long lasting antibiotic) which is put under the skin and the tetanus antitoxin shot in the rump.  Lola was groomed and of course her filly played with. Faith came over so she too played with the filly.
After the stalls were cleaned Faith helped move Indy, Oksana and Irish into another paddock so I could move a bale into their paddock.  The other paddock that needed a bale was Gideon and Isla's.  That one I can move without moving the foals first.  Marie and her friend arrived around 6:30 pm and fell in love with this filly. Marie decided to buy her so she got the bottle of bourbon.  
NOW for the record, we don't give out alcohol with each purchase, just this purchase. The evening was spent getting the stalls back to horse stalls from dog stalls. They were well cleaned, new bedding put down and the dividers taken out. I am now back to 3 foaling stalls. Marika is the next mare due but she isn't even bagged up yet and isn't due until April 16th and usually does not deliver early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment