Friday, August 17, 2018

Introducing Tatiana's New Colt

I had a busy day that became busier with my first trip to Middle Grove.  Yesterday I went to pick up Tatiana as she was due Sept 7th but she didn't want to be caught. She kept walking away from me and instead of chasing her I just decided to leave her until today and took Rosalie, Claire and Indy. Karin met me at Middle Grove after she got off work and we both started looking for Tatiana. It didn't take long for me to find her and surprise there was a foal by her side. A brand NEW foal with a wet cord but it looked like he had nursed and was nursing well.  He was loaded into the trailer and taken home and placed in a stall. He is a nice big all black colt. He will be tall, Valiant is his sire at 16.2 and Tatiana is now sticking at 16 hands at 4 years of age so she will probably end up at least 16.1 giving the colt a really good chance of being as tall as his daddy.


Before all of this though Beth called this morning to see if it was possible to get Coke and Alpine back.  I went right out, teased Alpine who was still in and got her covered with Valiant.  Then loaded up first Coke and her Valiant filly Genesis in the front of the stock trailer and put Alpine in the back of the trailer. I arrived at the Giant Goose Ranch at 11:30 am.  Justin was suppose to meet me but hadn't made it there yet so I just unloaded Coke and Genesis. Now when dealing with foals it really really helps to have 2 sets of hands. Genesis decided she wasn't going to go into the paddock. She didn't care her mom was in there she actually decided to go exploring. This made Coke a nervous mess. Coke was tied in the shelter and out I went to get that naughty wayward filly.  It took about 10 minutes to convince her to get into the shelter with her mom so I could go back to the trailer to get Alpine out. Justin arrived just as I was getting Alpine out. Sure hope she settles.  When I got back to the farm the kitchen was cleaned and a banana eaten for lunch then I settled down to listen to Craig Stickling on AC central giving his father-in-law's funeral. That was almost over when Karin sent the text that she was leaving Galesburg and would meet me at Middle Grove. I took the golf cart over to the cabin, brought Sheena and Ripper over, loaded them and drove to Middle Grove. When I arrived I was surprised to see Jewel and her filly on the outside of the fenceline. The rest of the herd waiting at the gate for someone to help put them back inside.  We think Inex (Jewel's filly) went through the fence up by the bean field and Jewel jumped it to be with her.  They were put back then we started looking for Tatiana.  We loaded Hadassah and Missy with their fillies, Ella and Amelia in the front of the stock then put Tatiana and her colt in the back and headed home. She and the colt were put in a stall, the other 4 unloaded and put in the middle paddock and we were back in the road to pick up the second load. This time we had no surprises. The horses were still all up at the gate. Ayanna and her colt and Soul and her colt were loaded into the stock and we were back on the road within 10 minutes. Soul's colt Gideon was taken to the round pen for a few pictures for the website. Gideon has big movement and so MUCH hair. His sire is Evan and he for sure inherited the mega hair gene. He is also TALL.




He is registered and DNA'D with Friesian Heritage horse in the Warlander registry. His sire is a purebred Friesian and his dam is a purebred Andalusian. He really is one of the special ones. He was born April 10th, 2018 and can be weaned any time. He is for sale for only $5000.00 and a bargain at that. He has a great mind, when we walked him up to the trailer he quietly walked right in and stood waiting.  If you have ever wanted a Friesian OR Andalusian, this colt is perfect. He has the best traits of both breeds including his mind, movement and hair. 
I ended moving 15 horses today and traveling 150 miles. Thankful for Karin's help and a good truck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment