Monday, October 20, 2014

Flashback Moment

Yesterday afternoon Mark and I drove to Methodist to visit our new grand daughter.  After we parked in the Methodist parking lot, the one with the skywalk into Methodist on the 3rd floor, I looked down that long bridge walkway and mentally shuddered. That was the hallway I had to walk just before I had my hip replaced and even with my cane I wasn't sure how I could do it, having to stop over and over then trying to get up the nerve to take just a few more steps each time. Being in that skyway brought back all those memories. Sometimes we need to be reminded of our problems in the past to put things in perspective so we can remember to give thanks. 
Today Ken Hoerr is having open heart surgery to repair his mitral valve at St. Francis. The surgery is to start at 7:30 am. Please stop reading this post right now, bow your head and say a prayer for the surgeon, Ken, and Ken's family.
Hopefully Ken and his family will also have a flashback moment in years to come. With a mitral valve problem the patient has less and less energy as each day goes by until just walking a few steps it too hard. Once the valve is repaired or replaced the patient is amazed at how much better he will feel.  Praying that for Ken, he is needed not just by his family but by our Peoria church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment