Monday, October 20, 2014

Dumpster Diving

Today mom was the first at the dumpster for the walk and the first thing she does is look into the dumpster. There was something big and shiny and she was trying to move it around to see what it was. Diane arrived and she didn't just look, she starts pulling it out stating, "this looks like something Mike could use." Right about then Joan arrives, sees a tarp in the dumpster and pulls that out exclaiming, "I could cover the fire wood with this."
 We never know what is going to show up in that dumpster. last week Mark pulled an entry way rug out of it and brought it home where the rug now resides in my laundry hall way.
After the walk, mom and Diane headed in to Peoria for Marge Fehr's funeral. Diane was in charge of the funeral dinner and mom was signed up to wash dishes. For me it was shopping time for groceries and a few other items visiting 3 stores all before 10:30 am. I was in the Sam's Club check out line about 9:40 am when Beth Meister entered the line right behind me looked up and was as shocked to see me as I was to see her. She had a gift for Phil and Anna's new baby and was wondering how to get it to them. While I was talking to her the phone rang. It was Mark to tell me I was going to have to hurry. I was to bring a lunch down to the hospital at 11:30, he said he got a text telling me they wanted the lunch at 10:00 am. There was no way to get it there by then so the only thing to do was call and ask why? The answer was, "we don't want it by 10:00 am, there are 10 of us for lunch!" Thank goodness Mark didn't read the text correctly. Emily was a great help today with preparing the food and then coming with me to help carry it into the hospital. Our next drive was to head over to Phil and Anna's and pick up Gerty, Braelyn and Taegan for a trip out to Hanna City to see the new old house. By the time we got back to Phil and Anna's they were home from the hospital with Kensley. Braelyn could hardly wait to hold her, checking out all of her fingers and toes. She really didn't want anyone else to hold 'her baby sister.'
Mark built a raised garden for mom so she can grow her own tomatoes. She wanted it filled with good Friesian manure and he made sure that was the case. Later He and Emily worked on putting up a temporary electric fence so as soon as the mares come home they can graze in the big field. Tomorrow right after work Karin has agreed to help with burr removal at Middle Grove. She wants me to invite Hannah, Emily and Sarah to go along and have a burr removal party. Ayanna,  Marika, Soul and their foals need to come home for weaning so I'll take the trailer and bring those back as long as I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment