Monday, August 25, 2014

97 Degrees

Summer finally arrived these last few days, we awoke to all of our windows fogged up on the outside as the low was 78 degrees. The high today reached 96 degrees. It was much too hot to work horses, it isn't just the high temperatures it is also the extremely high humidity that makes stepping outside feel like one is stepping into a hot sauna. Joan was able to go on the walk then left for Haiti at 9:00 am but this time we know it won't be more than a couple weeks and she will be home with her youngest 3 children. All the lake people out here decided to have Funday Monday and spend the day floating around on the lake. There is no vaulting, Ribbon is having her vacation at Middle Grove.
I drove to TEMCO to pick up the Berean mail and cousin Ellen gave me a card with the names Chris and Judy with an address in North Carolina and 2 phone numbers. Ellen asked me if I knew anything about it. We thought maybe it was a chaplain as we send Bibles to different prisons there. When I got down to Meisters I called first the cell phone which was not accepting voice mail then the home phone and left a message if they were calling about Bibles to call me back with my number. Then it was time to get to work on the studies and Bibles. My car is now loaded with 148 Bibles all ready to be mailed first thing tomorrow. Emily and her sister Laura helped get them all stamped and loaded. Mark had a Skyline board meeting tonight so supper was an easy meal. This evening the phone rang and the person on the other end said, "this is Judy Meister from North Carolina, did you call here? Of course I responded, "I'm Judy Meister!" Turns out her husband is a second cousin.
I can't end this post without a horse picture or two.
 Above is Rhoda on a gelding named Dakota and below is Sarah on Patsy. Both of these horses are no longer alive. Patsy died of a rare blood disorder way before her time and Dakota was sent out to the east coast where he lived a good long life before dying of old age. Time sure does fly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment