Monday, August 15, 2011

Gray!

A trip needed to be taken to MiddleGrove today as Dr. Hoerr is scheduled to come out tomorrow afternoon for ultrasounds. I haven't been out there for a while, usually Mike and Diane are going out for other reasons and bring back any horse needed. I was very impressed with the fitness of each horse out there. Even Eliza looks good, no flab on her she is all magnificent muscle. Airiah is maturing as a beautiful friendly mare. She loved her quick groom, then followed me all around as each mare was gone over. Airiah kept asking for more attention, just hoping she could con me into more grooming. The real surprise was Sangria's filly, she is going to be gray! Sangria has had 3 fillies and 2 colts and this is her first GRAY. Can you imagine how beautiful this filly will be, tall, elegant, dappled gray body, black points, black mane and tail, gorgeous! We are so excited and very tempted to keep her...sh don't tell Mark...this is one of the special ones and still for sale. She was taken out to MiddleGrove at just a few weeks old, has had little or no handling out there and yet came right up to me. One would think she would be like a wild horse out with a herd on 80 acres. I'm so impressed with the loving dispositions of all Raven babies.
The best part of the day came when Eliza and DaMita were unloaded, they were taken right over to Raven and neither mare is in season. Tomorrow we will know for sure if they are pregnant but by them not showing it gives us HOPE.

1 comment:

  1. I have to tell you, I'm hoping for more photos of the horses on your blog :). I hope to own a Friesian or Friesian mix one day.

    ReplyDelete